If you are fed up of the excessive commercialization at islands and want to see some pristine beaches in south-east Asia, head nowhere else. And here are top 3 reasons Perhentian Islands, Malaysia is the best island in this side of the world:
View from my room
1. There are no roads on the island. You trek the jungle or you walk the beach to go around. Need to go further ? There are water taxis 💁♀️
2. The internet connection is almost always weak. Take that as an excuse to detox !! 😎
3. There is nothing to do. Lolz. Yea, no things to do, no list of places you must visit. 🙈
Now this is contra my point 3 but you cannot not do anything on vacation. So here we go :
1. Be a Hippo: Water so beautiful and blue you can see the bottom! It’s the kind of stuff you see in movies and you wonder if it’s just some photoshop work 🙂 .. it comes to life here and it’s surreal.
So find a good place to stay ( crucial decision ) and be a hippo, all day ! You can snorkel right off the beach. You don’t have to take the boat everyday!
And when you get bored of that swim with the turtles or even sharks 🤩
It’s a good place to finish a PADI diving certificate too.
2. Be a Hippy : Pick a spot, order some drinks and sit through the night ! Barbecue, music and fire shows against a stunning beach backdrop is perfect. Who wants to go home ! Next day ? Pick another cafe 😉
For more suggestions on exact places to stay, cafes to visit and dives to take at Perhentian Island, Malaysia, keep following my blog.
#traveldiary #malaysiatravels #solotravel #travellikealocal #perhentianisland